Global Health News
HIV / AIDS news from Medical News Today:
- Coffee could halve death risk for patients with HIV, hepatitis C
September 26, 2017
Drinking at least three cups of coffee every day could reduce the risk of death by 50 percent for patients infected with both HIV and hepatitis C.
- Study reveals new clues to how a successful HIV vaccine could work
September 14, 2017
Scientists at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have made a discovery that could speed efforts to develop a successful HIV vaccine.
- Tick saliva may hold potential treatment for reducing HIV-linked heart disease risk
September 1, 2017
Scientists may have found a clue to why people living with HIV have double the likelihood of developing heart disease.
- Cancer drug can reactivate HIV: A single drug could attack the virus on two fronts
August 29, 2017
People living with HIV must take a combination of three or more different drugs every day for the rest of their lives.
- Single measures of viral load may overestimate HIV suppression status
August 9, 2017
A review of data reported to the National HIV Surveillance System through June 2016 suggests that a single measure of viral load may overestimate how many persons with HIV infection have durable...